Pets are invaluable as a combat tool at later levels in the game.
You will start to come across monsters with pets who are increasingly harder to defeat.
Pets can be obtained through taming or through questing and other means.
How to get a pet:
- Tame monsters by unlocking the Taming skills.
- Various NPCs
- Westglen Ruins 10, 35 KV (level 5+) - Rat pet
- Simple Supply Hut 42, 30 KV (level 15+) - Harpy Pet
- Citadel quests (Pre-order)
- Marketeer 27, 28 KV - Allegiance Outpost (buying from other players)
- Referral Reward type /refer
Taming a Pet:
- You will need Necromancy to tame Undead enemies. Necromancy is available in the Magic Skill Chest at the start of the game, or to Reapers in the skill chest under the Forgotten Church at 27, 28 KV.
- Myths & Legends to tame Mythical and other special type enemies. Myths & Legends is only available from a level 500 Quest in Old Hollow, which requires the Premium Pack to gain access.
- Lifemastery to tame just about everything else. (Humanoids, Beasts, Magical, Demon etc.) Lifemastery is availble to Chosen characters in the skill chest under Erid's Manor House at 27, 28 KV, and to Reapers from a level 1500 Quest in Impact Prime
- When you Defeat an enemy in combat, and you have skill in the relevent skill that is equal to or greater then 5x the level of the enemy you defeated, you have a 1 in 5 (20%) chance to make an Attempt to tame that enemy.
- For each taming Attempt you make, you then have a 1 in 20 (5%) chance to make a Successful Tame.
- Overall, this amounts to an effective 1 in 100 (1%) chance to successfully tame an enemy.
- For each Attempt, no matter if it fails or is successful, you will gain a skill point in the relevent skill for that attempt.
- If you successfully tame an enemy, and you have the maximum number of pets following you that you can have, you will receive an Unhatched egg at the level of the enemy you tamed for that enemies race.
- Unhatched Eggs can be used from inventory later, if you have free pet space, to receive a pet of the relevent race at the level of the Egg.
- Trading items to a pet with lockpicking skill will allow that pet to open the item if it is locked and the pet has sufficient skill. The items will remain in your inventory.
- Trading items to a pet with appraisal skill will allow that pet to identify the item if it is unappraised and the pet has sufficient skill. The items will remain in your inventory.