The profession of the pet determines the available roles a pet can take on. These roles further specialize the pet to be able to fill a specific role or requirement within certain settings.
- Assistant, -50% HP, -50% Stamina, -50% Attack, -50% Defense - Pet gains special access to gathering and crafting.
- Guardian, +30% Hitpoints, +35% Armor, Taunting activated
- Thug, +30% Hitpoints, +35% Attack Power
- Devourer, +30% Hitpoints, +35% Attack Power, +30% Stamina
- Energizer, +15% Hitpoints, +15% Mana, + Mana Regen
- Restorer, +15% Hitpoints, +15% Stamina, + Health Regen
- Boss, +20% Hitpoints, +25% Attack Power, +20% Stamina
With a pet in Assistant role go to Minions > Manage, you will see three new buttons Gather, Queue and Craft. You can use the buttons as follows:
- Gather, allows your pet to gather resources if it knows the relevant gathering skill. Pets are not very smart so they wonder off to gather after you explain the size and color of the thing you want. Sometimes they get confused and bring you back nothing like what you wanted ... they may also chase the paperboy and/or butterflies which means it takes them a lot longer than a player would.
- Craft, allows your pet to craft items using any known crafting skill. The ingredients can either be in your inventory or your pets. Completed items will go to your inventory.
- Queue, needed to view your pets queue.
Passive Profession Role Bonuses
The following effects are also present based on the "base" role for the pets chosen profession. You can see this role in the Library > Professions menu. This effect occurs at the time the pet levels up and so if not affected by you changing the pets role through the Minions > Manage screen.
- Guardian, +2 Stamina and +2 HP per level.
- Thug, +2 Stamina and +2 Stength per level.
- Devourer, +4 Strength per level
- Energizer, +4 Intelligence per level
- Restorer, +2 Intelligence and +2 Mana per level.
- Boss, +4 HP per level.